Thursday, January 17, 2013

Mini Breakfast Quiche

Lately Faith has been rummaging through the freezer looking for frozen breakfast items.  Apparently she's not enjoying the home-assembled instant oatmeal I put together. (More on that here.) She's been pulling things out of there that I'd put in there so long ago that I forgot they were there.  In addition to eating the aforementioned oatmeal, I thought I'd throw in a little variation because nobody really likes a forced diet of something the don't enjoy.

Enter the mini breakfast quiche.  I had some egg whites in the fridge left from another recipe where I needed yolks and some bits and pieces of ingredients left over from other recipes that would have fallen into the black hole that is my fridge if I hadn't used them: fresh spinach, Canadian bacon, mushrooms, small pieces from a block of cheddar cheese.

I was in the kitchen and didn't have my phone or computer in there with me so I decided to just wing it with the recipe.  They really turned out great and both of the girls and I love them!

(This isn't my quiche but looks like it.
Photo courtesy of http://rindymae.blogspot.ca)


Preheat oven to 350.  Spray cupcake pan with cooking spray.  (Be sure to spray well or the eggs will stick.)

12 eggs
1/4 cup milk
2 oz Canadian bacon
3 Tbsp finely chopped onion
1 cup spinach, chopped
5 or 6 sliced mushrooms
Shredded Cheese

Place eggs in bowl with milk and beat.  Mix in spinach.  Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop into muffin tin but don't fill much more than half full.  Add Canadian bacon, onion, mushrooms to each quiche.  Top with cheese and bake for approximately 20 minutes.  They will puff up tall then collapse as they cool.  Store in the fridge.  To serve, warm in microwave.  Two quiches heated up nicely for 1 minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment